"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
-Romans 5:3-5

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Always time to play dolls


I love the way God uses my children daily to remind me of what really matters in this world.  Tonight I was feeling the pressures of getting it all done... cleaning house, doing the laundry, washing dishes, making calls, paying bills... and my girl brought me to a stop.  "Mommy, will you please play with me?"  I looked down at those big, blue eyes that were looking up to me so pleadingly, and she put her chubby little hand in mine and pulled me to her room.  At that moment, all the need-to-dos disappeared.  We sat on her floor and played with her dollhouse, and it was absolutely delightful.  I don't know how many more years she'll want me to sit in her room with her, or how many times she will ask me to spend time with her... I know probably not as many as I'd like.  So, for now, the most important thing I can do is let her know how important she is to me, and how much I value those moment we have together.  When it comes to my loves, I will always have time to play dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment