"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
-Romans 5:3-5

Monday, August 4, 2014

Schooling changes (again)

Well, this year marks the beginning of a new school adventure for our family- again.  Last year we tackled our first year of homeschool with a fourth grader, one in Pre-K, and a baby.  My plans were to continue all of that right on through this year, and we were going to add Classical Conversations to our regimen.  My plans were to get the girls involved with that group, to branch out to more groups and social events, and to embrace kindergarten and fifth grade with gusto.  My plans sounded great to me, they looked great on paper, and I was excited about how I worked it all out.

But, they were my plans- not God's.  Much to my surprise, the end of the summer led us down a different path, to a different plan that God had in store.  I wasn't thrilled about it, and I fought it hard, but His plans for this school year kept my bluebird home with me for kindergarten, and sent my oldest to charter school for fifth grade.  For the first time, she is in a full-sized classroom, not in a Christian environment, away from her mom, changing classes, and gaining independence.

I may not like it, but God doesn't make His plans according to what we like.  Sometimes He asks us to step outside of our comfort zones.  Sometimes He stretches us.  Sometimes He asks us to release control, to place our children and our plans and our desires into His hands.  Sometimes it hurts and it's scary... but it's always best to go where He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment