"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
-Romans 5:3-5

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Things I want to remember about our past two weeks

1. We officially made a 100% commitment to home school the girls this year (4th grade for Raegan, PreK for Maddie).  We submitted our application and received approval, started setting up our "class room," and ordered curriculum.  We've received great confirmation that this is the right decision for our family this year, yet I'm still a nervous wreck!  Praying that I don't ruin my daughter's educational future....



2. The big girls spent a couple of nights getting spoiled at Mimi's house while Harper and I visited Kirby in Fayetteville while he finished up his seasonal training for the Air Force.  It was Harper's first hotel experience, and she was a perfect angel!



3.  Maddie informed me the other night that she could hear the sand.  Naturally, I had no clue what she was talking about, so I inquired further.  "Mommy, when God made me, I think He left some sand in the way back of my teeth because I can hear it."  So precious!  (Of course, it turned out to be her tube falling out of her ear, not sand, but it was still a cute idea!)

4. Haleigh and Noah (my niece and nephew) came to spend the night early in the week, and I discovered some very important things.  First, a houseful of kids can be crazy, but lots of fun.  Second, my husband and I make a really good team when it comes to managing a houseful of kids- I am very blessed.  This man who knew absolutely nothing about children and was so uneasy around them when we started dating is amazing with them now and is the biggest help!  Lastly, that wild little Noah whom I absolutely love reminded me how very different boys are from girls.  As a mom to all girls, it was an eye-opening experience to attempt to wrangle him for an evening!


5.  My girls attended a gymnastics birthday party and I learned that they have been "blessed" with their mother's lack of coordination and athletic ability.  It's a good things they're cute and smart.

6.  We discovered the Early Jazz station on Pandora.  Enough said.

7.  Maddie apparently has a major aversion to peas (and quite a dramatic flair)...
The many faces of eating A pea.



 and #8... No matter what happens or how crazy life gets or how impossible things seem (from home schooling to bribing children to eat peas), it's all about HIM.  I'm not able to accomplish much in my own power, but through His strength I can conquer the world....

      Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
-Ephesians 3:20-21

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
-Philippians 4:13

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
-2 Corinthians 12:9

 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
-Matthew 19:26

Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things.  In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.
-I Chronicles 29:12

You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary;
    the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.
-Psalms 68:35
  


No comments:

Post a Comment