"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
-Romans 5:3-5

Monday, August 5, 2013

Home school Day #1

We survived our very first day of home school today!  It was a busy, busy day... I was slightly over-zealous and had several crafty projects for us to do for the first day of school, so school took a pretty long time!  Day one in a nutshell was a learning experience... for Mom.  I realized that my organization system didn't really work well for me, that it will take some time for my girls to see this as school and not play school, and that a four-year old's attention span is all of about 30-seconds at a time.  However, despite all of the glitches and mishaps, we spent an entire day together in one room with lots of laughter and talking and very little arguing and fighting.  I learned that my girls are amazing... they have a hunger for learning, they're inquisitive, they're eager to please, and they have very generous hearts.  There may a lot of trial and error in our upcoming days, but it's worth every minute as we learn and grow together as a family.

Our "classroom"

All my girls ready for our first day!

Raegan came out dressed in one of her old school uniforms... go figure!

And Maddie chose to spend the entire day in her pajamas, of course!

Working hard

At the end of the day, Raegan still wanted to stay at the school table... I think she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment