"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
-Romans 5:3-5

Monday, March 28, 2011

Blessed Assurance...

I was sitting at my desk working when the old hymn, "Blessed Assurance," started playing on Pandora.  (Pandora radio is such a great thing when you're working!)  Now, I've heard the song many, many times, yet every time I hear it I am struck by the power behind the words.  Today was no exception... as I go through the motions of the day, am I living my life the way He has called me to do?  Do I truly live like the song of my life is a song of praise to my Savior?

"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine"- Wow.  Jesus, the son of God, the Savior of the world, is mine?  Unfathomable, yet so true... I am in Him, He is in me.  It's no longer I that lives, but Christ in me.  Who wouldn't feel assured by this?  Yet so often I find myself feeling so unsure of myself and my decisions.  Satan loves to feed us the lie of insecurity, but we can be sure that our Father in Heaven has our best interest at heart and that He will always lead us in truth and love.  He has purchased us, filled us with His spirit, and covered our ugliness with His redeeming blood.

"Perfect submission, perfect delight"/"Perfect submission, all is at rest, I in my Savior am happy and blest"- Am I living like I am happy and blest?  Do I submit to His authority with delight and peace?  Unfortunately, probably not as much as I'd like to admit.  However, I have to ask, "Why not?"  He created this world and all that is in it.  He has eternity in His hand... He sees the past, the present, and the future.  He knows all, and He loves me with a love bigger than I can ever comprehend.  Yet I hesitate to submit to Him.  I deserve eternity in hell, but He loved me enough to die in my place, and now I am blessed to spend forever in the glory of His presence.  Yet I often go through life feeling all gloom and doom, having a pity party for myself, instead of rejoicing every minute of every day over the gift of grace that has been so graciously given to me.

"This is my story, this is my song... Praising my Savior all the day long"- Is this my story?  Is the song of my life a song of praise to my precious Redeemer?  Do my children see a life of praise and thanksgiving, or a life of poor, pitiful me?  Am I leading others to a life of praise?  My prayer is that no matter what the circumstance here on Earth, I can live a life of praise.  I want my life story to be one the reflects the Giver of Life, and my life song to be one of joy and praise and honor to the One to whom all honor is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment